14 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in LondonAugust 6, 2018
February is a fantastic time to visit London, whether you are traveling alone, with your family, as a group of friends, for a business trip, or with your special someone. Do you like to plan well ahead and know exactly what you will be doing weeks in advance? If so, NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE.
4 Group or Single Ideas to Book Ahead of Time
- Diana: Her Fashion Story during its final month on display at Kensington Palace. This is your last chance to see this fabulous exhibition before it closes 28 February 2019.
- Head to the east of London, for the exciting London Classic Car Show 14 to 17 February, 2019.
- Visit the Orchid Festival, held each February at Kew Gardens, or check for their “after hours” events.
- Valentine’s Day Gala with Live Orchestra at Royal Festival Hall will have some of your favorites!
5 Romantic Ideas to Reserve in Advance
- Sing-a-long to Moulin Rouge at The Prince Charles Cinema.
- Savor French Cuisine at Clos Maggiore, voted the world’s most romantic restaurant.
- Book a Dinner Cruise on the River Thames, there are many options from which to choose.
- Experience Puccini’s romantic opera, La bohème at the London Coliseum, or soak in the stage production of Les Miserables or Wicked. A great site for tickets is >>> fromtheboxoffice.com.
- Enjoy the view from a scenic spot on Primrose Hill, from the top of the Shard, the London Eye, or from another picturesque vantage point.
4 Ideas For Spontaneous Souls
- The National Gallery is filled with color and romance — impressionism at its finest.
- Everybody Loves Chocolate: Top Chocolate Shops in London will keep your sweet tooth content.
- Find a pub in the area and enjoy a great English meal.
- Visit one of the exhibitions at the V & A: Christian Dior, Videogames, or Rachel Kneebone.
#14 Be Cozy at Home
Why not get the best of both worlds? Celebrate on the town the day before to avoid the crowds, and then enjoy the quiet of your London Connection Vacation Apartment on 14 February. Prepare dinner in your own kitchen, or order a meal to go and bring it back to your flat with a favorite film. All accommodations have cable TV, and through the free Wifi and Chromecast, you can also access your own Netflix or other digital media accounts. If you need an idea, peruse this list of 100 Best Romantic Movies. Use the microwave to make your own popcorn, and your are ready for a perfect evening.
Be sure to also read our Anglophile blog article about the 13 Most Romantic Places in London. Whichever option you choose, there is always a spark in the air of energy and fun when you visit London. As you stroll down the street, you see and feel excitement. Walk around the corner, and something new to discover awaits you. People are gathered outside and making new friends, or strolling arm in arm as they walk toward the town square.
If you are lucky enough to be in London on Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with whatever you decide. After all — YOU ARE IN LONDON!