14 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in LondonFebruary 4, 2018
February is a fantastic time to visit London, whether you are traveling alone, with your family, as a group of friends, for a business trip, or with your special someone. Do you like to plan well ahead and know exactly what you will be doing weeks in advance? If so, NOW IS THE TIME TO DECIDE.
4 Group or Single Ideas to Book Ahead of Time
- Illuminating India Special Exhibition at the Science Museum is free, but booking in advance is required
- Visit the Orchid Festival at Kew Gardens, or Kew After Hours Event
- Beauty and the Beast with Live Orchestra at Royal Festival Hall
- Digital Photography for Beginners, a 2 day course from 14 to 15 February
5 Romantic Ideas to Reserve in Advance
- Celebrate at the Ritz or Savoy, read this London Connection blog for more info: “Special Occasions”
- French Cuisine at Galvin Bistrot de Luxe or another romantic restaurant
- Experience the romantic opera, Carmen, at the Royal Opera House, or soak in the stage production of Les Miserables or Wicked. A great site for tickets is >>> fromtheboxoffice.com.
- Dinner Cruise on the River Thames, there are many options from which to choose
- Enjoy the View from a scenic spot on Primrose Hill, from the top of the Shard, or from another picturesque vantage point
4 Ideas For Spontaneous Souls
- Degas Exhibition at the National Gallery is filled with color — impressionism at its finest
- Everybody Loves Chocolate: Top Chocolate Shops in London
- Find a pub in the area and enjoy a great English meal
- Sister Brother Exhibition at the V & A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green
#14 Be Cozy at Home
Why not get the best of both worlds? Celebrate on the town the day before to avoid the crowds, and then enjoy the quiet of your London Connection Vacation Apartment on 14 February. Prepare dinner in your own kitchen, or order a meal to go and bring it back to your flat with a favorite film. All accommodations have cable TV, and through the free Wifi and Chromecast, you can also access your own Netflix or other digital media accounts. If you need an idea, peruse this list of 100 Best Romantic Movies. Use the microwave to make your own popcorn, and your are ready for a perfect evening.
Whichever option you choose, there is always a spark in the air of energy and fun when you visit London. As you stroll down the street, you see and feel excitement. Walk around the corner, and something new to discover awaits you. People are gathered outside and making new friends, or strolling arm in arm as they walk toward the town square.
If you are lucky enough to be in London on Valentine’s Day, you can’t go wrong with whatever you decide. After all — YOU ARE IN LONDON!